A Guide on CCTV Systems
Closed-circuit television (CCTV) is one of the popular security systems people put up in their homes and businesses. The system uses video cameras that transmit their signal to a monitor. One of the main advantages of CCTV is that they store the footage. Below are a few uses of CCTV.
- In schools. CCTV systems not only enhance security but are also used by teachers to prevent bullying and vandalism by students.
- CCTV systems are used to monitor traffic. They provide real-time information to traffic police that helps them manage traffic and arrest drivers breaking the law.
- CCTV systems are used in industries to monitor chemical processes that are too dangerous for human beings to monitor.
- Employers can use CCTV to monitor employees conducting financial transactions. They are also used to monitor the conduct of employees at work. For instance, they can tell if an employee is late for work.
- In sports. Recently, video surveillance has been used in football games to support the referee's decision-making process. It prevents the referee from giving wrong penalties.
If you would like a CCTV system installed in your home or business, below are a few considerations you should make.
CCTV cameras come in different designs. Below are some types of CCTV cameras:
- Dome CCTV cameras. They have a dome-like design which makes it difficult for anyone to see where the camera is facing.
- Night cameras. These cameras use LED technology to capture clear images in poorly lit environments.
- Network cameras. These are wireless cameras that transmit surveillance via the internet to specific devices.
- Spy cameras. These cameras are small in size, and they are installed in such a way that you cannot see them. They are mainly used for investigative purposes.
Each CCTV camera can only cover a specific area. Determine how many cameras you require. If the area is cold, then you will need cameras with a heating system to melt ice that might form around the camera. If the area is dark, then the camera you install should have night vision abilities.
Besides buying the CCTV cameras, you will also need to purchase monitors and cables. You will also have to cater to the CCTV installation costs. Ensure that the person installing the system is qualified and experienced.
CCTV systems provide surveillance to homes and businesses to deter theft and promote good behaviour in the workplace. If you would like to install CCTV consider the location, type of CCTV camera, the costs and the technician's qualifications. For more information, contact a company like Shellharbour Security Systems.